- 200 Gram Del Monte Spaghetti
- 2 ½ TBSP Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- ½ Onion (Finely Chopped)
- ½ Cup White Wine Or White Wine Vinegar
- 2 Cups Tomato Puree
- 2 TBSP Fresh Parsley (Finely Chopped)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook Del Monte Spaghetti as per the packet instructions. Reserve 1 Cup of pasta water, then drain.
- Now, heat some oil and add garlic and onion to it. Wait until the onion is translucent.
- Pour some wine and bring to simmer, scraping the bottom of the skillet to mix the brown bits into the liquid. Make sure you simmer just for a minute or until the alcohol smell has evaporated.
- Add tomato puree, sugar, salt & pepper. Reduce heat to medium high and cook for 2 minutes.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Add pasta, around 1⁄2 cup of reserved pasta cooking water into the sauce.
- Toss gently and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the sauce has thickened and coats the pasta.
- Garnish with some fresh parsley and treat your tastebuds!