Total Time: 60 mins
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 6 tbsp butter (90g), cut into cubes
- 1 ¼ cup of boiling water
- 1/3 Cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 Cup chopped Del Monte Pitted Prunes
- 1/2 Cup chopped dark chocolate
- Grease a 9 inch round cake tin with butter and line the base with parchment paper. Preheat your oven to 170 degree Celsius.
- In a medium bowl, combine prunes, butter and boiling water, mix nicely. Let it stand at room temperature until its cools.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. With a wire whisk, stir sugar in.
- Once the date and water mixture reaches room temperature, stir in beaten egg but make sure water is not hot else egg will get poached.
- Stir wet ingredients into the flour mixture and mix with spatula just until the flour is moistened and no lumps of flour remain in the batter.
- Add the chocolate and mix nicely.
- Pour batter into the prepared tin. Bake for about 1 hour or until the toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool the cake on a wire rack at room temperature before covering with the chocolate ganache or serve it just like that.