Preparation time: 30 minutes
Servings: 3 to 4
· 1 can, sweet corn, drained completely
· 1 cup, all-purpose flour
· 1 tablespoon, cream
· 1 medium egg, beaten
· 3 tablespoons, coriander leaves, finely chopped
· 1 green chili, finely chopped
· ½ teaspoon, garlic cloves, finely chopped
· ½ teaspoon, baking powder
· ½ teaspoon, garam masala powder
· ½ teaspoon, lemon juice
· Salt and pepper to taste
· Oil for frying
· In a bowl, combine drained sweet corn, coriander leaves, green chili, garlic cloves, garam masala powder, lemon juice and cream.
· Add egg and mix. Add baking powder and all-purpose flour, mix to form a dough like mixture. You may feel the mixture is sticky but that’s absolutely fine.
· Heat oil in a wide mouthed heavy bottom pan. Grease your palms with some oil and take a portion of the mixture to form a patty. Fry the patty on both the sides until golden brown and crisp. Repeat the same for the whole mixture.
· Take out the fried patty onto an absorbent towel.
Serve the corn fritters with sour cream and tomato ketchup.