- 2 cups Maida (all purpose flour)
• 2 tsp baking powder
• Zest of one orange
• 4 tbsp castor sugar
• 2 eggs
• ½ cup vegetable oil
• 1 +1/2 cup milk
• 1 tsp vanilla essence
• 8-10 Del Monte cherries, drained and chopped
• 2 tbsp sugar
8-10 Del Monte cherries, to top
1/2 cup sugar
- Heat the waffle iron
• Combine flour, baking powder, orange zest and sugar.
• In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, oil and vanilla.
• Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix only until well combined. Fold in the chopped Del Monte cherries.
• Pour mixture in hot waffle iron and let cook until both sides are golden brown.
• Meanwhile, in a sauce pan, cook the cherries and sugar until it starts to become juicy.
• Pour the fruit on the cooked waffles.