- 50g Del Monte Dried Cranberries
- 100g mixed nuts (walnuts, almonds, pistachios)
- 150g granulated sugar
- 30g butter
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp water
- Chop the nuts and mix with dried cranberries. Reserve
- Lightly grease a baking sheet (or thaali) and keep ready
- Place sugar, butter and water in a heavy bottom pan. Simmer over low heat until the sugar begins melting
- Stir continuously for about 10 minutes, then the sugar will begin to turn a light brown and will have melted completely. Once it turns medium brown, drop a tiny dot into a bowl of cold water
- Test to see that it turns crisp immediately
- Now quickly stir in a pinch of baking soda, and turn in all the dry fruit and cranberries
- Vigorously mix in to coat, and then immediately turn out onto greased tray, flattening rapidly with a flat metal spatula, spoon or butter knife. Be careful as the mixture will be very hot, but will begin to harden into shape rapidly
- Leave to cool, and then break into pieces.
Note: If you like even pieces then mark the brittle with a butter knife or pizza cutter while still warm.
Break up once cool.