Dietitian and Founder Member – Diet Clinic Health Care
- SHEELA SEHARAWAT
PG –Dietetics and Hospital Food Service (DHFS)
Practicing since 2006 as a registered dietitian under IDA, Sheela Seharawat is the founding member of Diet Clinic, operating around 35 outlets successfully all over the country. Prior to her own venture, she remained associated as a dietician with Indian Army hospital for a Short time.
A motivational speaker, an expert dietitian and a strong believer of healthy and motivated living, she has transformed the lives of many through her breakthrough diets and inspiration on living a healthy life. Another feather was added to her name when, esteemed magazine and organization “Silicon India Start Up City” has recognized and awarded “Diet Clinic” in their annual listing of “10 Best Startups in Fitness, 2017”.
Sheela always says – ‘Let Your Diet Work for You’. She aims to spread the message of wellness and the art of dieting through her clinics across various parts of the globe. Ms. Sheela Seharawat dedication towards spreading healthy lifestyle awareness among the mass is commendable and she keeps on providing relentless services to fitness and health relevantly.
This recipe is a great way to use the power vegetables – sweet potato and red bell peppers in an enjoyable vegetarian pasta dish which is full of fresh herbs and creamy cheese. The tarragon can be substituted with any fresh herbs that you have such as basil or oregano.
Whole-wheat pasta (macaroni or penne) : 200 gms
Extra-virgin olive oil : 2 tsp
Garlic cloves, minced : 4 nos.
Peeled sweet potato, shredded : 3 cups
Red bell pepper, thinly sliced : 1 large size
Plum tomatoes, diced : 1 cup
Fresh parsley, chopped : 2 tsp
Fresh tarragon, chopped : 1 tsp
White-wine vinegar or lemon juice : 1 tsp
Goat cheese, crumbles : ½ cup
Water : ½ cup
Salt : to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and cook the pasta until just tender.
- In a large skillet, place 1 tablespoon of oil and the garlic and cook over a medium heat, stirring occasionally until the garlic is sizzling and fragrant.
- Add the sweet potato, bell pepper, tomatoes and water and cook until the bell pepper is tender, approximately 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and keep warm aside
- Drain the pasta, reserving half a cup of the cooking water.
- Return the pasta to the pot and add the vegetable mix, the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil, parsley, tarragon, vinegar (or lemon juice), salt and cheese.
- Toss to combine all of the ingredients. Add the reserved pasta water, 2 tablespoons at a time, until you have achieved the desired consistency.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and other seasonings and serve hot.