Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Ø 1 pack, Del Monte Dried Cranberries
Ø 3 cups, cooked rice
Ø 1 teaspoon, garlic, finely chopped
Ø ½ tablespoon, green chilies, finely chopped
Ø 2 tablespoons, lemon juice
Ø 1 teaspoon, lemon zest
Ø ½ cup, finely sliced onions
Ø 1 teaspoon, garam masala powder
Ø 2 tablespoons oil and 1 tablespoon, ghee
Ø Salt to taste
Ø 1& ½ inch cinnamon stick
Ø 1 teaspoon, cumin seeds
Ø 6 black peppercorns
Ø 1 bay leaf
Ø 3-4 green cardamoms
1. In a Pan, heat ghee and oil together.
2. Add all the dried whole spices and allow it to crackle for few seconds.
3. Add garlic and fry for another few seconds. Add sliced onions and fry until they are just golden brown (do not burn them).
4. Add green chillies, lemon zest, juice and cranberries, sauté for 2 minutes. Season with salt.
5. Add rice and gently mix, cook until all mixed well. They are ready to be served!
6. Dish out and serve hot with any curries or tikka, tandoori of your choice.